Open Monday – Saturday 3/7 – 12/8 at 10-15. Closed Sunday.
What a miniature summer it will be this year !!
Do something completely different. Discover and experience our fantastic miniature worlds and exhibitions as well as fun activities for children of all ages.
A lot of new and exciting things have happened.
- LEGO Fantasy– they will be back this year again. The creative LEGO builders from the association Swebrick + Jocke from Lego Masters !! In addition, Micke Lilja shows about 20 sports car models from Lego Technics.
- The car nostalgic room – where we top with Nils-Inge Gustavsson’s famous petrol stations in model – Nynäs, BP and Gulf – from the 50s, 60s and 70s. In addition, Willy Berg’s fine display cases with about 200 model cars.
- The Hare and the Turtle – a completely unique activity for children between 7 and 60 years. A rebuilt car track where you crank out your hare or turtle. Who is winning?
- The model masters – we have gathered a dozen of our extra fine models in one place. Available to everyone.
- The Battle of Narva – a large stand with hundreds of tin soldiers and highly topical history. Built by Jonas Richthoff.
- Millans Kafé serves homemade love, hearty pies and last year’s success, “The Stationmaster’s roasted luxury waffles”.
- This year, our simple cinema hall has been transformed into the old cinema SAGA in Ljungby.
This is truly an excursion for the whole family. But just as much for everyone who loves and is fascinated by model trains and the miniatures’ secrets, history, crafts and much more. And do not forget that we have Millans Café and our cinema with historical films.
Lilla Småland – a history book in 3D model
You will be very fascinated by this miniature world. Everything is handmade in the improbably detailed Småland landscape. It shines wildly and beautifully in colors from July, August and September. Everything is made with care and attention to detail with all that entails of cultural landscapes, lakes, bogs, hills, moors, forests. And not least all the hand-built houses just as they looked around the 1940s / 50s.
The unique self-made trains run between the small station Bökö out in the countryside, via the community Lidhult, once the center of the extensive lingonberry trade in Småland, away past the rushing river and on towards Åsens and Unnen stations. Then Byholma, Piksborg and finally Bolmen station.
Things happen here all the time – trucks drive, there come two cyclists, the steamboat Vega bounces in the waters of Lake Unnen. Day turns to night and suddenly the smoke from the fire is visible in some of the houses. Here and there you press a small button to perhaps see the hens eating or a blacksmith working at the smithy. And if you look closely, there are many small episodes, events and stories in the detailed landscape.
This is Småland’s “largest” construction project which is now growing gradually and will eventually be about 450 square meters in size. You can also follow the construction in different phases.
Especially for the kids
- The playroom with the wooden trains, for the youngest.
- Two Märklin model railways where all children have to drive themselves.
- The clever Robot track you run using an app.
- The little bigger LGB train.
- Creator corner – paint figures, decorate trains, build paper house, draw free.
- The LEGO corner with lots of bricks.
- The hare and the turtle – who comes first !!
- Millans Kafé with ice cream, homemade cakes and waffles.
The country Somewhere, a real gem
Dr. Schulze’s fantasy world “The Land Somewhere” fascinates most people who discover all the small details and episodes that are hidden between the old industrial areas in a clear 50’s and 60’s style. This is a more traditional model railway and miniature world, which for thirty years was created by the jovial doctor Bent Schultze in Ljungby. We have saved it for posterity.
More nice exhibitions
- Tin Soldiers – 12 booths from Jonas Richthoff’s detailed history collection of known battles.
- Model trains – One hundred models from Bertil Johansson’s donation. 50s-60s, different makes.
- Fantastic doll cabinets in scale 1:12, created by miniature artist Camilla Odgaard.
- A separate exhibition about the film Fuluby, produced by the association Kulpåsen in Ljungby – film clips plus the exciting patisserie with its fantasy pastries.
Visit us in summer 2023
July 3 – August 12, Monday-Saturday at 10 – 15 hours. Sundays closed.